Prior to joining Oregon State, Feser held several leadership roles at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, including Interim Provost and Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs, Dean of the College of Fine and Applied Arts, and Head of the Department of Urban and Regional Planning. He has also served as Davies Chair of Entrepreneurship and Head of the Division of Innovation, Management and Policy at the Manchester Business School, University of Manchester, UK; Assistant and Associate Professor at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill; and Assistant Secretary for Policy, Research and Strategic Planning in the North Carolina Department of Commerce.
Feser is a Professor of Public Policy in the College of Liberal Arts at Oregon State, with expertise in regional economic development, innovation and technology policy, public policy and management, strategic planning, and regional economic modeling. He earned a Ph.D. in Regional Planning and a Master of Regional Planning from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and a Bachelor of Arts in Government from the University of San Francisco. He is a Senior Research Fellow with the Center for Regional Economic Competitiveness in Arlington, Virginia.
Reporting directly to the Provost are:
- Deans of eleven academic colleges, the Graduate School and the University Honors College
- Senior Vice Provost for Faculty Affairs
- Vice Provosts for Academic Programs & Learning Innovation, Student Affairs, and Information & Technology, and University Outreach & Engagement
- Institutional Compliance
- Vice President for OSU-Cascades Campus
- Executive Director of Marine Studies Initiative
- Special Assistant to the Provost
- Executive Assistant to the Provost
- Executive Director of the INTO OSU Center