To: OSU Faculty and Staff
From: Edward Feser, Provost and Executive Vice President
April 26, 2018
On April 30, Oregon State University will launch a series of online training modules for faculty and staff. This initiative addresses the University’s commitment to ensure a healthy, supportive and safe environment for all faculty, staff and students. Given the importance of the topics covered, the training is mandatory. We are allowing significant time to complete the modules so that any disruption to schedules and existing commitments is minimized.
All-Employee Training Highlights
- The Training underscore our shared commitment to the university community’s well-being. The majority of the modules were developed by OSU experts.
- The training will be delivered via BRIDGE, a new online employee learning management system (LMS), and will enable employees to complete the training in an accessible, self-paced format from any location. BRIDGE will serve as a platform for other future employee trainings and professional development needs.
- Required training topics include ethics, mandatory reporting of child abuse, protected leave and information security. Later this spring, additional required training modules related to prevention of sexual harassment and misconduct, other forms of prohibited discrimination, and the Americans with Disabilities Act will be launched as the modules for these topics are finalized.
- Current Employees will have 60 days from the launch date(s) to complete the trainings, while new employees will have 60 days from their respective hire date. If the trainings are not completed within the 60-day window, the LMS (BRIDGE) will begin to email reminders on a regular basis beginning in November.
- For more information, visit the Office of Human Resources website for more details, answers to frequently asked questions and more.
- On April 30, you will receive an e-mail announcing the launch and instructions on how to access the online modules.
In the meantime
- If you have a specific question or concern about training content or requirements, please e-mail Donna.Chastain@oregonstate.edu.
- If you have questions or encounter technical issues on or after April 30, please e-mail email@example.com.
We appreciate your support and engagement in this important initiative.
Edward Feser Mike Green
Provost and Executive Vice President Vice President for Finance & Administration