Oregon State University - Corvallis Campus Oregon State University - Cascades Campus
The following policy statements were initiated by past OSU Technology Resource Fee Committees, and approved by the Provost and OSU Legal Office, to address student concerns about equipment and facilities that were fully funded by the Technology Resource Fee paid by all enrolled students.
As needed, additional policies will be provided subject to approval by the Provost and by the OSU Legal Office.
David Barber, TRF Administrator
- Disposal of computers, printers and other equipment purchased using 100% Technology Resource Fee funding.
- The use of enhanced classrooms, computer labs or other facilities that were fully funded [construction and operation] by fee-paying students, by persons or groups who did not pay TRF.
- Compliance with the University's Policy on Information Technology Accessibility.
- Disposal of equipment that was purchased with TRF funds:
- If TRF funded equipment has reached its usable life under industry standards, a department may dispose of it either to other departments or Surplus Property without restriction, or obligation to the TRF fund.
- If TRF funded equipment is no longer needed by a department, but retains usable life under industry standards, the department must first offer the equipment to others on campus for student use. If the department is unable to identify another student use, it may sell the equipment either on campus for non-student use or through Surplus Property. In either case, the funds collected from the sale would be returned to the TRF fund for reallocation.
- Use of TRF funded equipment by non-fee paying users in Student Computing Facilities [Labs] and Enhanced Classrooms.
- Faculty, staff and students may use the Student Computing Facilities and Enhanced Classrooms without charge, as long as the use is related to the academic environment of OSU.
- Any non-University related use of the facilities shall be subject to the normal University scheduling and fee policies through Conferences and Special events. Fees for facility use without use of the TRF enhanced capabilities shall be retained by Conferences and Special Events. Eighty-Five percent of the fees for use of the TRF enhanced capabilities shall be to the TRF fund for reallocation. Payment of fees to the TRF fund of these fees shall terminate __3__ years after the original TRF funding of the enhancements.
- Compliance with campus IT accessibility policy.
- Projects must be in compliance with the University's IT Accessibility Policy specified here: http://oregonstate.edu/accessibility/ITpolicy