"A strategic plan is more like a map of the foreseeable landscape, with some speculation about what’s beyond the horizon, than it is a blueprint. One has to recalibrate the path periodically, reconfiguring what must be done and how to do it. Phase II refines the pathway based on what we have learned and what we can see, but it keeps us firmly on course to our destination."
The following core values are fundamental to our success:
- Accountability. We are committed stewards of the loyalty and good will of our alumni and friends and of the human, fiscal, and physical resources entrusted to us.
- Diversity. We recognize that diversity and excellence go hand-in-hand, enhancing our teaching, scholarship, and service as well as our ability to welcome, respect, and interact with other people.
- Integrity. We practice honesty, freedom, truth, and integrity in all that we do.
- Respect. We treat each other with civility, dignity, and respect.
- Social responsibility. We contribute to society’s intellectual, cultural, spiritual, and economic progress and well-being to the maximum possible extent.