To: Sherm Bloomer, Steph Bernell, Lisa Templeton, Prem Matthew, Brian Wall, Rich Duncombe
From: Ed Feser, Provost and Executive Vice President
December 31, 2018
Invitation to Serve: Impact Studio Advisory Committee
Sherm Bloomer Director, Budget and Fiscal Planning – Chair
Steph Bernell Interim Vice Provost and Dean, Graduate School
Lisa Templeton Associate Provost, Ecampus
Prem Mathew Associate Dean, College of Business
Brian Wall Associate Vice President, Commercialization and Industry
Rich Duncombe Director, Impact Studio – Ex Officio
I write to invite you to serve as a member of the Impact Studio Advisory Committee. This group is appointed by and advisory to the Provost, and it also provides advice to the Director of the Impact Studio. As you know, the Impact Studio’s mission is to engage stakeholders across Oregon State University to identify and develop, test, incubate and evaluate ideas for their academic merit and capacity to generate revenue for the University.
Specifically, the Advisory Committee’s charge is to:
- Provide general oversight of the Impact Studio’s progress on meeting its mission, and advise the Provost accordingly from time to time;
- Conduct a quarterly review the performance of the Impact Studio’s portfolio of projects;
- Provide an independent perspective to the Provost on the Impact Studio’s recommendations for investments in particular projects;
- Assist the director in partnering with colleges, schools, departments, divisions, programs, institutes and centers to identify promising ideas;
- Assist with initiatives and programs as requested by the Director;
- Advise the Director on ways to improve outcomes across the University.
Jesse Mraz, Operations Administrator for the Impact Studio, will provide administrative support to the committee and will schedule your first meeting in January.
Contact Gigi Bruce to accept or decline this invitation no later than Monday, January 7.
Thank you for your consideration.
Provost and Executive Vice President