About the Summit
The Undergraduate Student Success Summit brings together thought leaders and innovators to discuss ways to enhance the student experience and outcomes at OSU. From the work of the Student Success Initiative Steering Committee and the Student Success Summit, the following focus areas have been identified that will guide future work at the Summit.
- Transition Experiences. Support the student transition into OSU, whether from high school, community college, or as an older adult. Build a culture that fosters relationships between students and faculty, with an emphasis on mentoring.
- Financial Aid and Scholarships. Efficiently distribute financial aid and scholarships to those whose success will most be advanced through the aid. To a first approximation, this means providing financial aid to those most in need.
- Faculty-Student Engagement. Significantly expand faculty-student connections outside of class to address student needs and establish an appropriate disciplinary framework, focusing on the first two years a student is at OSU.
- Curricular Excellence. Improve and streamline curriculum, curricular innovation, and instructional excellence.
- Experiential Learning. Expand access to experiential learning opportunities for students.