The Oregon State University Board of Trustees will meet on Friday, Oct. 26, in OSU-Portland Center, Room 2002. This meeting is open to the public and will run from 9:15 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. The board will consider action items recommended by committees, as well as the board’s 2019 work plan and the university strategic plan for the next five years. The board will hear a report on advancing equity, inclusion, and social justice and review the fundamentals of board governance.
A public comment period is provided at each regular board meeting. Commenters may register by e-mail before the meeting by contacting Lauren Skousen at [email protected] or may register at the meeting to provide comment. There is also a public comment opportunity before the board votes on each action item listed on the board agenda.
The public can listen to committee and board meetings by calling the toll-free number listed on the agendas. There will also be an additional public listening and comment location at the Allworth Room of the Memorial Union, 1500 S.W. Jefferson Way in Corvallis. If special accommodation is required, please contact Lauren Skousen at (541) 737-3449 or [email protected] at least 48 hours in advance.
Agendas and meeting materials will be posted as they are available at http://oregonstate.edu/leadership/trustees/meetings.
*A separate agenda item is provided for members of the public to comment on topics of interest.
**The public may also sign up to comment prior to Board action on any action item listed on the agenda.
Please note that items may be taken out of order.
Call to Order/Roll/Declaration of a Quorum (Borkar)
Opening Comments and Reports
- Chair’s Comments (Borkar)
- President’s Report (Ray)
- OSU Foundation Report (DeVaan)
- Faculty Senate Report (Dorbolo)
- Higher Education Coordinating Commission Report (Cannon)
- Associated Students of Oregon State University Report (Bennett)
Associated Students of Cascades Campus Report (King)
- Consent Agenda (Borkar)
Reports of Standing Committees of the Board
- Academic Strategies Committee (Kelly)
- Finance & Administration Committee (Thorne)
Executive & Audit Committee (Borkar)
- 2019-21 Biennial Funding Request: Statewide Public Service Programs (Thorne) (Tab M)
- Capital Project Amendment: Upper Division and Graduate Student Housing (Thorne) (Tab N) - Rendering 1, Rendering 2
- Capital Projects Approval Policy (Thorne) (Tab O)
- President Emeritus Policy (Borkar) (Tab D)
- Delegation of Authority (Borkar) (Tab E - revised)
- Board Chair’s Report: FY2018 Presidential Assessment (Borkar) (Tab C)
- Board Policy Review (Borkar) (Tab G)
- 2019 Board Work Plan and 2018 Board Assessment Results (Borkar) (Tab X)
- Strategic Plan 4.0 (Feser, Capalbo) (Tab Y)
- Advancing Equity, Inclusion, and Social Justice: Annual Report (Alexander) (Tab Z) - Presentation
Fundamentals of Board Governance (Schueler, Colbert, Gose) (Tab AA)