As a lifetime member of the Phi Beta Kappa Society, you share membership with some of the most accomplished politicians, scholars, writers, and businessmen in the world. This honor sets you apart from the rest and shows your capacity for critical thought, analysis, and good writing — skills that are continually sought after by employers. Here’s how you can make Phi Beta Kappa a part of your everyday life:
- Maintain your connection to the liberal arts and sciences by contacting your local ΦBK Alumni Association. Associations organize dinners, panels, scholarships, tours, and more in cities across the country. Interested in organizing an Alumni Association in your area? Please contact the Director of Society Affairs.
- The Society sponsors lectureships, scholarships, two quarterly publications, and the renowned ΦBK Visiting Scholars program, in addition to initiatives with partner institutions to advance the liberal arts and sciences. The Phi Beta Kappa Society cannot change the world for the better without the support and activism of members like you. Please visit our giving center to help us reach our goals.
- Your membership opens up to you a vast network of successful people in nearly every field. Phi Beta Kappa is active on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Tumblr, and LinkedIn. All are great opportunities to exchange ideas and participate in discourse with other Phi Beta Kappa members.
- All members receive The Key Reporter, which will keep you abreast of the Society’s activities. Please update your address in our system.
- In 2016 Portland, Oregon has earned Phi Beta Kappa Distinction as an Arts and Sciences City
- Statewide there is an active Phi Beta Kappa Association of Oregon which offers a wide range of activities and networking opportunities for members