The Academic Strategies Committee will meet from 10:15 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. in the Horizon Room to consider establishing new academic programs in biological data sciences and music studies and a proposal to terminate an existing program in applied physics. The committee will discuss its 2020 work plan, lab safety matters, faculty affairs, and global engagement and internationalization.
Agendas and meeting materials will be posted as they are available at http://oregonstate.edu/leadership/trustees/meetings. The public can listen to the meetings by calling the toll-free number listed on the agendas. If special accommodation is required, please contact (541) 737-3449 or [email protected] at least 48 hours in advance.
Please note that items may be taken out of order.
- Call to Order/Roll/Declaration of a Quorum (Kelly)
- Provost's Report (Feser)
- Status Report: New and Existing Academic Program Reviews and Professional Accreditations in Progress (Tab W)
- Consent Agenda (Kelly)
- Minutes of the May 30, 2019 Academic Strategies Committee Meeting (Tab X)
- Academic Program Termination: PSM/MS in Applied Physics (Tab Y)
- Action Items
- New Academic Program: BS in Biological Data Sciences, Curricular Offerings (Cahgn, Spatafora) (Tab Z)
- New Academic Program: BMus in Music Studies, Curricular Offerings (Zielke) (Tab AA)
- Discussion Items
- 2020 Academic Strategies Committe Work Plan and 2019 Board Assessment Results (Kelly, Colbert, Feser) (Tab AB)
- Faculty Affairs Briefing (Capalbo) (Tab AC) - Presentation
- Internationalization and Global Engagement Briefing (Sharp) (Tab AD) - Presentation
- Lab Safety, including risk management report (Feser, Doyle) (Tab AE)